In this seminar, you will learn how to:
- Teach dogs and senior owners about appropriate canine fitness exercises.
- Achieve success without pushing the senior dog and handler beyond their abilities.
- Cater to the needs of senior dog clients and explain key considerations for senior dogs, such as:
- The health benefits and importance of exercise.
- Navigating senior dog physical, appearance-related, and behavioral issues.
- Lifestyle changes owners can implement.
- The need for and ideas for mental games and stimulation.
- Improve communication between the owners and senior dogs, especially as the aging dogs experience a decline in proprioception, hearing and sight.
- Teach senior owners to inspire their dogs to safely use FitPAWS equipment with the right combination of equipment, different rewards, delivery strategies, and training methods.
- Plan and instruct group classes targeted at senior dogs. Many ideas will be presented and demonstrated!
- Prevent frustration during the training proces
Pre-requisite: You are interested in teaching canine fitness classes or are a Certified Canine Fitness Trainer (CCFT). This is a great class to help you market to senior dog owners, get class ideas, and learn how to work better with senior dog owners.
Note: The focus will be on FUN and INSPIRING senior dogs to get MORE EXERCISE physically and mentally.