In this seminar, you will learn how to:
- Design a warm up routine for a performance dog
- Teach dog owners how to strengthen their dog for specific movements needed for performance sports
- Understand base behaviors that improve your dogs level of fitness
- Understand what area of the body an exercise is focused on
- Specifically identify exercises that will strengthen a dog for skills like:
- Turning and lateral stability
- Collection and “breaking”
- Improve communication between the owners and their dogs to get maximum muscle engagement during fitness exercises
- Use varied reinforcement delivery strategies
- Prevent frustration during the training process.
- Understand training methods that improve the overall communication between you and your dog
- Safely use FitPAWS (and Klimb) equipment individually and in combinations
- Design your own class based on several options presented
Pre-requisite: You are interested in teaching canine fitness classes to performance dog handlers or are a Certified Canine Fitness Trainer (CCFT). This is a great class to help you market to performance dog owners and instructors.
Note: The focus of this class will be specific to the areas of the body each exercise is designed to strength and what movements the exercises are supporting.