FlexiPAWS Cloud Inflation
PUMP Not Included – Inflates with inflation pump (the cone attachment not the needle pump).
Inflate the device to the specified size (height), let it rest for the first day and then add more air if needed. You may have to add more after the first few weeks. The bottom of the Cloud should be slightly curved and shouldn’t be flat. Otherwise the product doesn’t have enough air for the desired affect. The difficulty of balancing on the product increases the more the bottom is curved.
FitPAWS K9FITbone Inflation
The level of difficulty of the K9FITbone can be easily adjusted by removing or adding air with the air pump and needle (Included).
Use air pump with the needle attachment. Insert the needle into the inflation hole which is located on the bottom side of the K9FITbone.
To remove air, remove needle from the pump and insert into the bone, then gently squeeze/push down on the bone to release air.
How to pick the right size for your dog
For Core Conditioning:
If you plan to use your balance products for core conditioning measure the length of your dog when it is in a neutral standing position from the front legs to the back legs. Your dog should stand on the balance products without a hunched (or roached) back. You can always use a larger balance product for smaller dogs, but not a small product for large dogs. Large dogs may need two or more items to ensure proper form. If you have more than one dog, choose a size that fits your largest dog.
For Natural Stances Use this Peanut – *Approx. Sizes
For Weight Bearing Activities:
Weight bearing activities are activities where the dog is partially standing on the ground and partially on the ball. Choose a ball that is slightly under your dog’s withers (or highest part of the shoulders where the neck meets the back). If you need a ball smaller than the 40 cm consider purchasing our Donut or decrease the amount of air in the 40 cm. Weight-bearing activities are a great way to introduce dogs to balance activities.
Dog Shoulder Height Use This Size Peanut
16”-19” (40-49 cm) 40 cm
20”-23” (50-58 cm) 50 cm
24”-27” (59-68 cm) 60 cm
28”-31” (69-78 cm) 70 cm
32”+ (79 cm +) 80 cm
FitPAWS Balance Discs 14″ and 22″
The FitPAWS® Balance Disc can be used for weight bearing activities and balance training for sporting and working dogs or for animal rehabilitation and therapy.
The FitPAWS® Balance Disc has both a *14” or 22” training surface option. If you want your dog to stand with all four feet on top of a disc, you may have to use more than one disc as you want your dog to have a natural stance without a hunched back. If your main use is for weight bearing activities, choose the disc size that is most appropriate to your dog’s size so they can stand comfortable with 2 feet on the disc and 2 feet on the ground. Use Use One (1) or Two (2) 22″ Discs for These Breeds: Australian Shepherd, Border Collie, Golden Retriever, Labrador, Boxer, Standard Poodle, Rottweiler, Mastiff, Great Dane, Newfoundland, German Shepherd. Breeds smaller use the 14″Disc.
· 22” Giant Balance Disc – Use an air pump with a cone-shaped attachment. On the side of the disc, you will see a white plug that will need to be removed before the air will go in. Place the tip of the cone shaped attachment in the hold, inflate and replace the plug firmly to hold the air inside. To remove air, simply remove the plug. Do not over inflate. The side walls should not crease (fold). If they do you have too much air.
· 14” Balance Disc – Use a pump with a needle attachment. The inflation hold is on the surface of the disc where you see the sensory bumps. To remove air, remove needle from the pump and insert into the disc. Then squeeze the disc to release air.
FitPAWS TRAX Donut
Please NOTE: Inflate the TRAX Donut in TWO steps. First, fill product until firm( to stretch the plastic out). Next, let sit for about 12- 24 hours, then fill all the way.
The FitPAWS® TRAX™ Donut will work for most small, medium and large dogs for weight bearing and balance exercises (2 paws on Donut, 2 paws on floor). If you plan to use your FitPAWS® TRAX™ Donut mainly for core conditioning, measure the length of your dog when it is standing from the front legs to the back legs. Your dog should be able to stand in a natural stance on the top of the Donut without being hunched over. If you dog’s natural stance measures 16” or less, you will be able to use the Donut for core training. Small breeds and puppies should fit fine.
• Remove the TRAX™ Donut from bag.
• Locate the plug(s) taped to the ball and set aside.
• Using a hand pump or compressor, inflate the ball. Place the plug in hole when inflation is complete. Push plug in firmly.
• Adjust the air amount inside of the TRAX™ Donut for different balance challenges. The Donut has less dynamic movement and so is less challenging for your dog. To increase the balance challenge, remove air slightly so that the Donut has more dynamic movement.
• For best performance, you should be able to depress the surface easily, approximately 2” with your -fingertips, soft to the touch. Any inflatable that is stretched too tight has the potential to burst.
Use one of the regular pumps (without needle) to inflate the ramp. To inflate remove the plug from the back side. Inflate to desired size.