The Specialized Equipment Training Course offers insight into using the latest developments in canine-specific equipment and the training techniques needed to create fun, effective and safe exercises for dogs. Intended as a program for canine professionals with a wide variety of backgrounds including veterinarians, canine fitness trainers, rehabilitation professionals, agility/sport dog, working dogs and dog trainers.
- Understand and Develop a warm up routine.
- Understand and develop skills to achieve proper form and technique for canine-specific equipment.
- Incorporate basic and advanced movements for improved proprioception and core stabilizer development.
- Learn to implement foundation behaviors properly to assist in future exercise and program development.
- Discover the advantages of multi-dimensional movement and how to achieve full range of motion in nearly every exercise.
- Explore equipment pairings to increase exercise challenges and to make it fun.
- Teaching techniques to help canine clients use appropriate muscles-group exercises that are challenging for varied fitness levels and goals.
- Properly execute movement progressions and regressions from basic exercises to adding equipment.Upon completion, participants will have the ability to identify proper form and develop safe and useful exercises that incorporate appropriate canine-specific equipment. Great pre-requisite or continuing education for FitPAWS® Master Trainer/CCFT program and as a supplement to those who are participating or who have completed one of the Canine Rehabilitation Programs.
2017 Dates/ Locations:
- Jan 15-16, 2017 – Netherlands
- Jan 19-20, 2017 – UK
- March 4-5 , 2017 – Vancouver, WA
- May 31-June 1, 2017 – Longmont, CO (*in conjunction with Master Trainer Program) – * WORKING SPOTS SOLD OUT. AUDITOR SPOTS STILL AVAILABLE
- August 7-8, 2017 – Knoxville, TN (*in conjunction with the Master Trainer Program) – * WORKING SPOTS SOLD OUT. AUDITOR SPOTS STILL AVAILABLE
- Sept 16-17, 2017 – Longmont, CO
- Dec 9-10, 2017 – Location TBD
*FLASH! – Offering the Master Trainer Course immediately following the Specialized Equipment Training Course on these dates!
10 Working Spots Available per date | 20 Auditor Spots per date
USA Dates – Reserve Your Spot online !
Netherlands – CALL 800-752-2255 to RESERVE Your SPOT or
email: email@example.com –
$550 – Working Spot (10 Available)
Working Spot = Hands On With Dog
(Bring Your Own or Request One)
$275 – Auditor Spot (20 Available)
Bobbie Lyons, CCFT, MTI, CERT CF
FitPAWS® Master Trainer™/CCFT is not required to register for this course.
For those that already have your CCFT or FP-MT certification; Certificates of Completion will be provided to designate you as a Canine Fitness Equipment Expert.
The Specialized Equipment Training Course has been approved for 21 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) by the IAABC (International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants).
**If you are a CCFT or Master Trainer Graduate, apply coupon code found on the Master Trainer Facebook page (U.S. only, International please call for registration) at time of checkout for discount.If you are a CCFT or Master Trainer Graduate, apply coupon code at time of checkout for discount. Register and purchase here