If your dog competes in conformation events, you’ll want to make sure your dog has a great top line, balanced muscular definition, trots beautifully in the ring, and is in tip top shape. A strong core is the foundation for all movement, including showing in the ring. Discover the secret of Best in Show Winners by adding strengthening exercises to your dog’s activities 3-4 times a week.
Essential tools to help your dog Show Their Best
Instead of stacking your dog on a table or the ground, stack them on their FitPAWS® Peanut.
Benefits of Instability Stacking Training:
- Improves muscle tone
- Helps balance out weak areas
- Improves body awareness
- Improves focus
- Helps foot strength & muscle memory for stacking on stable surfaces
Need help with Individual Foot Awareness?
Try stacking your dog on a set of FitPAWS® Paw Pods.
How to train:
- You can teach your dog to place their feet on each Paw Pod through mark and reward training,
- or you can pick up your dog and place their feet on each paw pod.
- (See 5 Balance Stone Challenges on the FitPAWS® Paw Pods)
- Give your dog a treat when you place their foot on a pod and they will trust their foot placement on each pod.
- If your dog moves a foot off a pod, he will become unbalanced and will want to put the paw back on the pod.
- The nubby side helps with grip-a-bility, and offers sensory feedback to your dog’s paws so they know where their paws are in space (known as proprioception).
- Alter the balance challenge by changing the inflation in each Pod with the FitPAWS® Dual Action needle pump.
- Improved top line
- Muscle memory for stacking training
- Increased range of motion in joints & elongation of the muscles
- Improved body awareness and gait
- Overall endurance strengthening and muscle toning
“Cavaletti exercises develop natural gaiting, from the feet through to the spine. DVD-CAV provides a step-by-step process that teaches dogs to find their balance and rhythm as well as exercises to help develop versatility and strength. Different exercises develop the rear drive, teach the dog collected balance and strong gaiting action.” –DVD CAV
What benefits have you seen from training your performance pup on FitPAWS® equipment?
Get Started Today!
Help your dog be their best by increasing coordination, balance and strength with consistent training on FitPAWS® Canine Conditioning Equipment. Your dog will stack, look and move better in the ring!
By Catherine Rios is one of the leading sales reps for FitPAWS® Canine Conditioning Equipment at Ball Dynamics International, LLC. Helping launch the brand in October of 2011, she has worked hard to educate the masses about the importance of core strength conditioning. She films, edits and produces videos about FitPAWS Equipment on youtube.com/fitpaws. She also develops fitness programs for the FitPAWS® brand, such as FitPAWS® Rally X and Musical Discs. She has inspired and directed the creation of exercise infographics for the FitPAWS® Blog, which educate and encourage new and fun ways to benefit from FitPAWS products. She has come up with ideas to help expand the product line including the FitPAWS® Wobble boards, Donut Holder, Targets and Paw Pods. She has attended seminars and workshops about Athletic Conditioning & Canine Rehab, and has even held her own workshops and demos, so that others can learn how to use the equipment. Catherine’s experience in the pet industry stretches over 14 years, and she is passionate about helping pet owners help their pets! Her experience including managing 3 independent pet stores, taking every animal companion class available at SIUC, attending key pet industry conventions, and loving every minute of helping others help their pets be their best!