All month long during 𝗡𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗖𝗮𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝗙𝗶𝘁𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗠𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗵 the Bobbie Lyons K9FITteam would like to encourage you to take this time to try and do more fitness with your dog.
We celebrate Canine Fitness every month, but FitPAWS founded National Canine Fitness Month, to bring awareness and to remind everyone to keep your Dog Active and Fit!
Here is another instructional video by teamie Danielle Hall to try at home. This video is 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗗𝗼𝘄𝗻 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝗻 𝗮 𝗗𝗼𝗻𝘂𝘁 & 𝗞𝟵𝗙𝗜𝗧𝗯𝗼𝗻𝗲.
If you missed our previous videos…
• 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗗𝗼𝘄𝗻 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝗻 𝗣𝗮𝘄 𝗣𝗼𝗱𝘀
• 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗗𝗼𝘄𝗻 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝗻 𝗮 𝗚𝗶𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗞𝟵𝗙𝗜𝗧𝗯𝗼𝗻𝗲
• 𝗥𝗼𝗰𝗸 𝗕𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗦𝗶𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗮 𝗥𝗮𝗺𝗽 & 𝗕𝗮𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗣𝗮𝗱
• 𝗧𝘂𝗰𝗸 𝗦𝗶𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗮 𝗥𝗮𝗺𝗽 & 𝗕𝗮𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗣𝗮𝗱
• 𝗥𝗼𝗰𝗸 𝗕𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗦𝗶𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗮 𝗞𝗹𝗶𝗺𝗯 & 𝗦𝗺𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗗𝗶𝘀𝗰
• 𝗧𝘂𝗰𝗸 𝗦𝗶𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗮 𝗞𝗹𝗶𝗺𝗯 & 𝗦𝗺𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗗𝗶𝘀𝗰
• 𝗧𝘂𝗰𝗸 𝗦𝗶𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗙𝗶𝘁𝗣𝗔𝗪𝗦 𝗚𝗶𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗗𝗶𝘀𝗰 & 𝗙𝗹𝗲𝘅𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗧𝘄𝗶𝗻𝗗𝗶𝘀𝗰
• 𝗥𝗼𝗰𝗸 𝗕𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗦𝗶𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗮 𝗙𝗶𝘁𝗣𝗔𝗪𝗦 𝗚𝗶𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗗𝗶𝘀𝗰 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗙𝗹𝗲𝘅𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗧𝘄𝗶𝗻𝗗𝗶𝘀𝗰
• 𝗧𝘂𝗰𝗸 𝗦𝗶𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝗻 𝗮 𝗚𝗶𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗗𝗶𝘀𝗰
• 𝗥𝗼𝗰𝗸 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗦𝗶𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝗻 𝗮 𝗗𝗶𝘀𝗰
Like may of their human counterparts, too many dogs suffer from obesity and “sedentarism,” the two most common preventable conditions in the canine and human populations. Too much sitting and too many calories in the form of treats or poor nutrition choices often contribute to weight gain. Besides causing our furry friends to have sore joints, difficulty breathing, a higher risk for cancer, canine diabetes and other diseases, obesity also shortens their lives.
Unfortunately, sedentarism has become the normal lifestyle for many dogs and their people. The opposite of a sedentary lifestyle is movement. Playing, being outside, engaging and moving. Canine Fitness Month encourages us to take a step toward a developing a healthier lifestyle and bond with our four-legged family members.